Host Your Own Fundraiser
THANK YOU for your interest in hosting a Community Fundraiser for the homeless animals at the Monmouth County SPCA.
Our volunteers and community members have many unique fundraising ideas that allow us to care for thousands of abused, abandoned and homeless animals throughout Monmouth County.
In addition to raising much needed funds to keep the MCSPCA running, Community Fundraisers help increase the public’s awareness toward the growing number of homeless pets in our community, as well as the life saving services that the Monmouth County SPCA provides.
We hope that this page will help you in your efforts to help us.
What is a Community Fundraiser?
A Community Fundraiser is a volunteer-driven event that falls outside of the MCSPCA’s regularly scheduled fundraising activities and events. Our staff will be happy to answer your questions and assist you to the best of our ability, given our very limited resources.
Types of Community Fundraisers
A group or individual can host an event or sponsor an activity, designating the MCSPCA as the beneficiary.
The MCSPCA can also receive support from an existing event sponsored by another organization and receive all or a portion of the revenue generated from the event.
Example 1: A company has an annual party and asks their employees to bring donations of food and toys for the MCSPCA.
Example 2: A city has an annual marathon and the sponsor offers participants the opportunity to secure pledges for the MCSPCA.
Pet or Car wash
Casual/jeans day (pay to wear jeans to work)
Loose change jar
Pampered Chef or Tupperware party
Athletic tournament (golf, volleyball, tennis, softball, bowling)
5K, 10K, or marathon
DIY Fundraising… Fundraise Your Way!
Do-it-yourself fundraising is an easy way for you to start your own digital fundraising campaign as easy as 1..2..3! It’s fast, easy and secure. Register today for a FREE personalized fundraising page with your own unique URL that can be shared with family & friends through social media, text and email. You can set up either an individual or a team fundraising page, add photos, share your impact story and set a goal. Click here to start today!
Fundraising Policies & Procedures
ALL COMMUNITY FUNDRAISERS MUST BE IN SUPPORT OF THE MONMOUTH COUNTY SPCA’S MISSION TO PROTECT AND ADVOCATE FOR ALL ANIMALS.
- All Community Fundraising must comply with relevant local, state and federal laws.
- Please confirm all public announcements and event promotions with the MCSPCA Development Director to verify accuracy.
- The Monmouth County SPCA name and logo hold special meaning to people throughout Monmouth County. Please contact us for authorized use.
- All promotional materials should clearly state the percentage of proceeds that will benefit the Monmouth County SPCA.
- We cannot provide money for any expenses you may incur. The MCSPCA cannot be financially liable for any event promotion and/or production.
- A list of potential sponsors for the event should be submitted to the MCSPCA Development Director before they are approached. This will minimize conflict with other MCSPCA events and/or fundraising campaigns already in progress.
- The MCSPCA sales tax-exemption (on purchases) cannot be extended to any community event or fundraising effort.
- Under no circumstances can the MCSPCA allow any organization or sponsor to set up a temporary bank account in the Monmouth County SPCA’s name.
- The MCSPCA is unable to solicit sponsors and cannot provide donor contact information for your fundraising event.
- The MCSPCA may require that your attendees/participants complete a waiver for release from liability.
- Event organizers are responsible for collecting the names, contact info, amount donated, etc. for all attendees, participants, sponsors, donors and volunteers whenever possible.
- The event organizers and its donors and sponsors agree to indemnify and hold harmless the MCSPCA and its directors, employees, and volunteers from any and all claims and liabilities in any way related to the event.
If you feel that any of the Fundraising Policies and Procedures above do not apply to you, contact Director of Development Barbara Lovell via email at [email protected] or call 732.440.1557 to discuss your situation further.