The Monmouth County SPCA recognizes that social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram have become important communication channels for the community. To assist in posting content and managing these sites, the Monmouth County SPCA has developed policies and guidelines for official and personal use of social media.
These policies and guidelines apply to Monmouth County SPCA employees and members of the public who comment, post, or respond to any of the Monmouth County SPCA social media mediums.
Public comments reflect the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Monmouth County SPCA or its employees.
Monmouth County SPCA expects that comments and posts will be courteous and relevant to the topic(s) presented on the social media website. All comments and posts will be reviewed. The Monmouth County SPCA
The Monmouth County SPCA will always delete comments/posts that:
- Contain obscene or indecent language;
- Contain threats, defamatory or harassing statements;
- Contain hate speech directed at race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion or disability;
- Contain obscene sexual content or links to obscene sexual content;
- Contain information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Disclose information which an agency and its employees/representatives are required to keep confidential by law or regulation;
- Promote or endorse services or products;
Individuals who violate this policy may be banned from future commenting or viewing of the social media page without notification.
Copyrighted material should not be posted or submitted in any form unless permission to do so is clearly indicated. In posting comments or other material, a commenter grants Monmouth County SPCA and anyone viewing the Monmouth County SPCA social media mediums permission to copy, distribute, or display the commenter’s words or photographs publicly and free-of-charge.
We recognize that use of social media is unbound by regular business hours and comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage resources, reviewing and responding to comments generally occurs during regular business hours Monday-Friday. Comments and questions submitted at other times will be reviewed and replied to as soon as possible the next business day.