He’s a big macho whose heart is bigger than his head. Any female would trust him to buy them a drink at the bar. After he lunges and barks at men, they have to fight off the urge to thank him. Squeaky toys shred themselves up trying to be his favorite stuffed item. Laps await his arrival since he thinks he’s the size of a Chihuahua. His form of exercise is sunbathing in a fenced yard. He is Troy, a 3-year-old, 75 pound Pitbull and is the most interesting dog in the world!
We only do adoptions in person (please bring all family members).
We will ask you to fill out an Adoption Survey and speak with an Adoption Counselor to help find your perfect match!
You can save time and fill out a survey online, they are also available at the shelter. Completing a survey does not secure any animal for adoption. You do not need to submit a survey to visit, nor do you need to receive a response to a survey to visit. The survey is NOT an application that needs approval.
Adopting a pet is a lifelong commitment, so finding the right match is very important.
Finding the perfect pet takes time. The process usually takes at least an hour, so please plan accordingly. All adoption paperwork must be submitted to the front desk one hour before closing.
Adopters are encouraged to bring their own carrier or leash and collar.
- Dogs 7 years and older: $125
- Dogs over 6 months: $275
- Puppies under 6 months: $575 (there is an additional $75 fee for Puppy 101 behavior class with a $50 reimbursement for optional continued training following Puppy 101)
Cat Adoption Fees
- Cats 7 years and older: $75
- Cats over 6 months: $150
- Kittens under 6 months: $200
Other Furry Creatures
- Mice, Hamsters, Rats $15
- Guinea Pigs $30
- Rabbits, Chinchillas, Ferrets $100
We cannot accept checks for adoption fees.
Our Fees Cover:
– Age Appropriate Vaccinations
– Combination Testing for Cats
– Heartworm Testing for Dogs
– Ear Cleaning
– Nail Clipping
– Worming for Intestinal Worms
– Flea Treatment (if old enough)
...and TLC at no charge!