Scoops, there it is! I was found with around 15 other cats living outside after we were abandoned by our former owner. That was no life for me, so thankfully we were, uh, scooped up and brought to the MCSPCA to find a new and better home.
I’m 1 1/2 years old and continuing to emerge from my shell (or cone?) after all the big changes in my life, but I’m very happy to have visitors spend time with me. I like being petted very much, and the more you do, the more I’ll warm up to you. I enjoy getting lots of gentle pets and will start nuzzling away once I realize you’re my friend. I might let you know if I’ve had enough attention, so I’d love a quiet home to enjoy lots of relaxation, play, and cuddling up in with a family who knows their kitty manners!
I’m very open to making new feline friends in your home, but would be just as happy as the only cat as well. One Scoops is all you’ll need!
We only do adoptions in person (please bring all family members).
We will ask you to fill out an Adoption Survey and speak with an Adoption Counselor to help find your perfect match!
Adopting a pet is a lifelong commitment, so finding the right match is very important.
Finding the perfect pet takes time. The process usually takes at least an hour, so please plan accordingly. All adoption paperwork must be submitted to the front desk one hour before closing.
Adopters are encouraged to bring their own carrier or leash and collar.
- Dogs 7 years and older: $125
- Dogs over 6 months: $275
- Puppies under 6 months: $575
Cat Adoption Fees
- Cats 7 years and older, $75
- Cats over 6 months $125 and $75 for each additional cat
- Kittens under 6 months $175, $100 for each additional kitten
Other Furry Creatures
- Mice, Hamsters, Rats $15
- Guinea Pigs $30
- Rabbits, Chinchillas, Ferrets $100
- All exotics are half price fees for a second friend
We cannot accept checks for adoption fees.
Our Fees Cover:
– Age Appropriate Vaccinations
– Combination Testing for Cats
– Heartworm Testing for Dogs
– Ear Cleaning
– Nail Clipping
– Worming for Intestinal Worms
– Flea Treatment (if old enough)
...and TLC at no charge!