Hiya friends, I’m Forrest! Since I’m a dog and can’t have chocolate, I’ll tell you that life is like a box of assorted dog treats – you never know what you’re gonna get!
I’m a 3.5 year old houndy boy who came to the MCSPCA from a really overcrowded shelter. I’m lucky to have made it to New Jersey because I don’t know if I would have ever found a family otherwise. I’m a sweet and silly boy who’s really gentle but sometimes a little timid, especially with loud noises! I would do best with kids 11+ and a could possible go home with another friendly dog as long as they’re respectful of my space. I weigh 50lbs but I’m a little skinny so a few pounds on me wouldn’t hurt! I hope you can take the time to appreciate my southern charm!
We only do adoptions in person (please bring all family members).
We will ask you to fill out an Adoption Survey and speak with an Adoption Counselor to help find your perfect match!
Adopting a pet is a lifelong commitment, so finding the right match is very important.
Finding the perfect pet takes time. The process usually takes at least an hour, so please plan accordingly. All adoption paperwork must be submitted to the front desk one hour before closing.
Adopters are encouraged to bring their own carrier or leash and collar.
- Dogs 7 years and older: $125
- Dogs over 6 months: $275
- Puppies under 6 months: $575
Cat Adoption Fees
- Cats 7 years and older, $75
- Cats over 6 months $125 and $75 for each additional cat
- Kittens under 6 months $175, $100 for each additional kitten
Other Furry Creatures
- Mice, Hamsters, Rats $15
- Guinea Pigs $30
- Rabbits, Chinchillas, Ferrets $100
- All exotics are half price fees for a second friend
We cannot accept checks for adoption fees.
Our Fees Cover:
– Age Appropriate Vaccinations
– Combination Testing for Cats
– Heartworm Testing for Dogs
– Ear Cleaning
– Nail Clipping
– Worming for Intestinal Worms
– Flea Treatment (if old enough)
...and TLC at no charge!