Mar 22nd

What is a “SATO” Dog?

Bykelly | In Uncategorized
Iggy, MCSPCA Sato

Iggy, MCSPCA Sato

WHAT IS A “SATO” Dog?

The Sato puppies and dogs for adoption through the Monmouth County SPCA were born on the United States Commonwealth island of Puerto Rico. “Sato” is a slang term that, roughly translated, means mutt.

WHY ARE WE ADOPTING OUT DOGS FROM PUERTO RICO?

Compassion has no borders

• There are approximately 200,000 abandoned and/or homeless Satos roaming the streets and beaches of Puerto Rico

• Only 3% of dogs and cats in Puerto Rico’s municipal animal shelters get adopted.  The other 97% are euthanized

• Satos are highly regarded as excellent canine companions in the Northeast United States in areas of New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts

• Satos are charming, playful and most get along well with other dogs, people and children.

• Once you adopt a Sato you are hooked for life!

To learn more about Sato dogs, visit Project Animal Worldwide.

comments

3 Comments to "What is a “SATO” Dog?"

  • Valerie Belmonte
    May 4, 2013 at 9:48 pm

    Just adopted a Sato puppy today 5 month old Abby. We are one happy family. She very sweet and playful and active 🙂

  • Sue
    May 19, 2013 at 8:18 pm

    Our sato is the love of our life; great with kids and other dogs. An absolute angel!

  • Lisa
    June 25, 2013 at 12:29 pm

    We adopted our Sato Amber a little over a year ago. She is wonderful. She is so full of love for everyone and everything!!!!!

copyright 2016 Monmouth County SPCA. All Rights Reserved.
web design by 2 Dogs Design