Come work for one of the most well respected animal welfare organizations in New Jersey. Employees work in a state of the art facility with all resources and experience of our more than 60 year history. Working at the MCSPCA comes with medical benefits for full time employees, a friendly work environment, and a competitive wage.
The Animal Care Attendant is responsible for the overall care of all the animals within the shelter. The responsibilities will vary based on the current needs of the shelter. Under direction of the Animal Care Manager, provides for the constant cleanliness of cages, runs and shelter areas and the proper feeding and care of all shelter animals.
This job is posted all year long. It does not mean there is an opening at this time. When there is an opening, qualified applicants will be contacted.
To be considered, please send all job resumes and experience to Bill@monmouthcountyspca.org for more information.
Reports to: President/CEO of MCSPCA
Position Description: The Chief of Humane Law Enforcement is responsible for enforcing Title 4 Statutes related to Animal Law Enforcement in Monmouth County, NJ. This position requires the individual to establish policies and procedures necessary to enforce these regulations, to hire, train, and manage a predominantly volunteer group of agents, and to interface in a professional manner with the NJSPCA, County Prosecutors Office, and municipal police departments as necessary. This position reports solely to the President/CEO if the organization.
• Successfully passed Animal Control training, HLEO Phase 1 and Phase 2 (right to possess, carry, and use a firearm) courses and other training as deemed appropriate.
• Commissioned by the Superintendent of State Police.
• In depth knowledge of New Jersey laws pertaining to Animal Law Enforcement (Title 4), Health Department, and Animal Control.
• Prior experience as a NJ police officer with management oversight
• Hire, train, and manage a group of law enforcement agents.
• Ensure that agents continue to meet ongoin•g continuing education requirements.
• Oversee the writing of tickets, warnings, and preparation of discovery materials for active cruelty cases.
• Oversee the collection of fine income from municipal courts.
• Prepare monthly reports on departmental activity for submission to the President/CEO.
• Prepare quarterly reports for submission to the NJSPCA.
• Ensure the organization is in compliance with NJSPCA and other state reporting requirements.
• Coordinate media and public relations interaction with the President/CEO and Development & Marketing Director.
• Ensure that the President/CEO is up to date on all relevant information.
Please send all inquiries and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
We would like to thank everyone who submits his or her resume for this position. Due to the
high volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be
contacted. The Monmouth County SPCA offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits, is
an equal opportunity employer and promotes a smoke free & drug free workplace.
If you interested in getting involved, please check out our Volunteer Opportunities.