Come work for one of the most well respected animal welfare organizations in New Jersey. Employees work in a state of the art facility with all resources and experience of our more than 60 year history. Working at the MCSPCA comes with medical benefits for full time employees, a friendly work environment, and a competitive wage.
Reports to: Animal Care Manager – CATS
The Animal Care Attendant is responsible for the overall care of all the animals within the shelter. The responsibilities will vary based on the current needs of the shelter. Under direction of the Animal Care Manager, provides for the constant cleanliness of cages, runs and shelter areas and the proper feeding and care.
Observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent.
• Perform needed cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and tools used in job assignments.
• Identify and report any unusual condition or abnormal behavior of any shelter animal.
• Report signs of illness, disease, injury or unusual activity to technicians/veterinarians.
• Feed each animal as prescribed by the attending D.V.M. and records appetites.
• Receive animals to be admitted for shelter care and be responsible for their proper identification
and recording of their respective locations.
• Release animals to their owners as directed by customer service or the shelter manager.
• Make sure cages and animals are properly numbered and identified.
• Clean and sanitizes all cages, runs, and related areas as directed.
• Wash and sterilize water and food bowls.
• Perform general cleaning.
• Empty trash.
• Maintain equipment used to complete job assignments and keeping such equipment and tools
in good working condition and put away in proper storage areas.
Often requires lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 40 lbs. Walking and/or
standing for long periods. Frequently work in a bent position.
Education: High School Diploma and required certifications.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for all applications and inquiries
We would like to thank everyone who submits his or her resume for this position. Due to the
high volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be
contacted. The Monmouth County SPCA offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits, is
an equal opportunity employer and promotes a smoke free & drug free workplace.
If you interested in getting involved, please check out our Volunteer Opportunities.