Come work for one of the most well respected animal welfare organizations in New Jersey. Employees work in a state of the art facility with all resources and experience of our more than 60 year history. Working at the MCSPCA comes with medical benefits for full time employees, a friendly work environment, and a competitive wage.
Animal Care Attendant
The Animal Care Attendant is responsible for the overall care of all the animals within the shelter. The responsibilities will vary based on the current needs of the shelter. Under direction of the Animal Care Manager, provides for the constant cleanliness of cages, runs and shelter areas and the proper feeding and care of all shelter animals.
To be considered, please send all job resumes and experience to Bill@monmouthcountyspca.org for more information.
Part Time Behavior/Adoptions Assistant
Department: Dog Behavior and Training
Reports to: Dog Behavior Department Manager
Under the direction of Dog Behavior Department Manager, assists in implementing behavior
assessment, training/modification, and enrichment programming for shelter dogs; provides pre-
and post-adoption support as needed; assists in providing training opportunities for staff and
volunteers; works to maintain and improve mental health and behavior of dogs in the SPCA’s
• Assists in performing behavior assessments for all dogs 6 months and over (experience
with SAFER and/or Match-up II preferred); assists with assessment of dogs younger than
6 months as needed
• Implement behavior modification, training and enrichment protocols
• Monitor protocols and notes to assure understanding and implementation by staff
and volunteers; assist in adjustment of protocols as needed
• Monitor, record and report progress to Department Manager and via weekly Dog
• Update animal records with behavioral information
• Provide pre-adoption and post-adoption support as needed
• Develop enhanced Enrichment programming, including daily playgroups, working with
Behavior team staff members and volunteers
• Conduct and supervise dog-dog and dog-cat assessments for shelter animals as well as
meet-and-greets for potential adopters’ animals
• Assist in providing training opportunities for staff and volunteers
• Conduct owner surrender interviews as needed and liaise with Customer Service
department to ensure proper input of behavior information to dog’s file
• Perform other tasks as assigned
• High school diploma
• Education and Certification in dog behavior and training and/or extensive experience
• Experience with behavior modification for dogs in a shelter environment
• Excellent dog handling skills
• Commitment to mission of Monmouth County SPCA
• Commitment to humane training methods and positive reinforcement techniques, and to
• Strong communication and customer service skills
• Ability to interact in a professional manner in high-pressure situations and/or with
• Weekend and some evening work required
• Physical ability to walk and/or stand on your feet throughout a normal workday required
• Physical ability to lift and carry 40 pounds regularly
• Volunteers in department
All qualified interested parties can submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or via
fax to 732-542-4552 attn: Part-time Behavior Assistant.
We would like to thank everyone who submits his or her resume for this position. Due to the
high volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be
contacted. The Monmouth County SPCA offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits, is
an equal opportunity employer and promotes a smoke free & drug free workplace.
If you interested in getting involved, please check out our Volunteer Opportunities.